Conservation and improvement of Berkhamsted, Northchurch and the surrounding countryside
Berkhamsted is changing. The changes will affect you.
If you want to know what is going on in your area and have a say in its future JOIN US
You will be joining an organisation which takes an active part in the conservation and improvement of Berkhamsted, Northchurch and the surrounding countryside.
The Association is currently:
- leading the way in stimulating interest in our historic built environment.
- encouraging good practice and design in new building.
- promoting leisure use of the countryside while advocating its protection.
- working with local authorities and other groups to:
- improve leisure facilities
- promote the conservation area
- implement town improvements
- support improvements of the canal and its features
The Association inspects planning applications – commenting and objecting as appropriate.
The Berkhamsted Citizens Association will keep you in the picture with:
- three newsletters per year
- ad hoc meetings on matters of public concern
The Association also organises:
- meetings with guest speakers
- a local Environment Award
- occasional social gatherings
The Association has representation on:
- Berkhamsted Arts Trust
- The Chiltern Society
- Berkhamsted Town Hall Trust
- Graham Greene Birthplace Trust
- Dacorum Environmental Forum
- Berkhamsted Community Partnership
- Canal & Riverside Partnership
- (Berkhamsted) Castle Liaison Group
- (Berkhamsted) Parish Paths Partnership
- The Friends of St Peter’s Great Berkhamsted
The Association is affiliated (i.e. by subscription) to
- Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Open Spaces Society
- London Green Belt Council
- Community Development Action Hertfordshire
- Association of North Thames Amenity Societies (ANTAS)
- Community Action Dacorum